Monday, November 15, 2010

Crockpot chicken and beans

I really don't know what this recipe is called or what the real measurements are for it. My sister-in-law made it for us once, told me what was in it, and I took it from there. Haha. So, these measurements are totally to your taste-bud liking.


3-4 raw chicken breasts
1-2 cups chicken broth (depending on how runny you want it and how many chickens you used)
1 can corn
1 or 2 cans black beans
salsa (I use about 1 1/2 cups, you can use more)

Throw it all in a crockpot and let it cook on low for about 4 to 5 hours. I usually put mine in the crockpot in the morning and let it cook till about 5pm. After the chicken is cooked, remove and shred it, and place back in the crockpot. At this time you can add:

about 1 to 1 1/2 cups of sour cream
shredded cheddar cheese to your liking

Put over RICE with more cheese on top and eat with tortillas.

No comments: